This week our 7th and 8th graders will be taking the STAAR Test, and we want to help students and parents be well prepared. The STAAR Test is a state mandated, state controlled assessment designed to measure student performance against statewide academic standards.
Being fully prepared on STAAR testing days, means:
- Being well-rested by having plenty of sleep the night before
- Having a healthy, well-balanced breakfast the day of the test
- Feeling confident due to preparation and parental support
- Not having distractions by coming in late or leaving early
- Coming prepared with a healthy snack from home
It is very important for your child to know that no electronic devices are allowed in the testing room. All cell phones, ipods, tablets, e-readers, portable video games, etc. will need to be turned OFF and stored in lockers during testing.
Parental support is an integral part of success, so please encourage your child to do his or her very best on the tests. Words of praise and encouragement build confidence, which can make a positive difference in your child’s performance in school and on STAAR testing days. Thanks for your help to make your child successful.
Lastly, if you normally drop off a lunch for your child, please be aware that lunch times and class periods during testing days are different than regular school days. Lunches should arrive at school NO LATER than 11:00am.